Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Delicate Balance Between Fun and Work

It's the second day of school. I'm still trying to get the kids to know that I'm fun, but I also want things under control in the classroom. Things have been going well. I've made the kids laugh, and I've also made sure they know we need to be serious at times. We're in the middle of a discussion about the reasons we need to walk quietly in the hallway. I like to walk around while I'm talking because it tends to keep the kids engaged.

Samantha is sitting in the front row, and as I walk by she raises her hand. I stop. "Yes Samantha?"

I'm expecting a question here...

"Mr. Pajak, I just love your fuzzy arms!"

She reaches out and pets my arm like it's a chinchilla. I guess we still need to talk about personal bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment