Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Run on Sentences in 4th Grade? Yep!

We are reading a novel called The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo in reading over the next few weeks. The students need to write a response log after every five chapters. I encourage them to tell me their reaction to what they've read, not give me a summary. Here's how different writing abilities can be in 4th grade:


One Sentence (out of 8) from Megan's Response Log:
I thought when Pellegrina told the story, that was a very important part because she sort of hinted to Edward that she knew that he was a very cold-hearted bunny..


Colby's ENTIRE Response Log:
I liked the part where Pellegrina told Abilene the story about the princess liked that part because Abilene kept on asking Pellegrina if there would be a story that night and Pellegrina said there will be a story tonight and there was a story that night and then why wouldn’t the boys give the rabbit back.



No comments:

Post a Comment