Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Vocabulary Words, Take Two

This week we are reading some stories about ancient China. To help the students understand the stories we reviewed some vocabulary words before reading. The vocabulary words were:
temples
dynasties
heritage
preserve
overjoyed

We talked about the definitions of each word and also read some sentences that included each of the words. Then it was their turn to show me how well they understood the words. I had the students write five sentences using each word in one of the sentences. Here are some of the sentences that were handed in (all from different students!):

I wish I could be a dynasties.


I preserve shark teeth.


I got a little overjoyed on my birthday so I had to sit in my room.


My bed is preserved for me.


I preserved my bed.


My dynasties are to blow peoples minds.


Tomorrow we will be working on vocabulary words again.

No comments:

Post a Comment