Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stinky Paper

Today the students were working on some long division problems. I often have the students complete a few problems then check their work with me before they continue their practice. Today was no different and Natalie had just finished her problems and was at my desk to check her answers.

I love joking around with the kids, so when Natalie handed me her paper I said, "Ohhh. Man, this paper really smells!" I of course was completely joking.

Natalie's face showed a slight hint of redness, but a little smile crawled across her face, "Yeah, um, my hands are really sweaty."



Nobody else was at my desk, but I was worried that I had embarrassed her as Natalie is a girl who can be a bit self-conscious.

She took it in stride though continuing with, "It's kinda gross sometimes. I'll be working with my hand on the desk and then there will be this big wet spot."

I was finally able to tell her I was kidding, and that I didn't actually smell anything. She followed this with a slightly flustered sigh, but ended up going to her desk with a big smile on her face.

I will definitely not be smelling any of her papers she hands in.

No comments:

Post a Comment