Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Girls Can't Do That

Today our class started a new reading chapter with the theme 'nature.' There was a picture on the first page of a girl with a frog on her shoulder. To introduce the chapter I asked the questions, "What do you think the girl is thinking about?" and "What do you think the frog is thinking about?"

There were some good answers given. A few were serious, well thought out answers. More were a bit silly, but very plausible.

"I think the girl is thinking, Why is this frog sitting on my shoulder?"

"I bet the frog is wondering how he got up there."

"The frog is probably thinking, "What is this thing I'm sitting on."

"I think the girl is thinking, Gross!"

"The girl looks really interested in the frog, she's probably wondering what it's thinking."

Then I called on Alexander. Alexander has five older brothers. I'll let you make your own assumptions...

"Alexander what do you think?"

Alexander: "The girl is probably thinking, I want to whack off."
"The frog. She wants to whack the frog off."
"Off her shoulder. She wants to whack the frog off of her shoulder."

There were a couple of students whose faces showed some recognition, but I think I was the only one who drew blood biting my lip.

1 comment:

  1. This is so hilarious!! I would have bit a hole in my lip too!! I love your stories :) My mom always used to come home with stories of her kindergarteners and I always appreciated those, so thanks for carrying on for her now that she is retired!

    ReplyDelete